Friday, May 2, 2008

Grease is the word...

So we made it to Mom's house. Only left our house a few hours late. Took lots of pics that I will post later. What trip in the south is complete without a meal at Cracker Barrell- and shopping at Cracker Barrell? Cracker barrell is NOT a restraunt- it is an experience. We first sat on the rocking chairs and took pictures. The kids played a quick game of giant checkers (for the camera). We entered the doors.... it is a sea of the most wonderfully, beautiful stuff you must have but never knew you needed. After a quick look to see what areas to shop after eating we approached the hostess and were shown our seats.

Then there she was! I could not stop looking. It was Sandy from Grease!!!! Not the sweet Sandy. The bad girl at the end. With the tight sexy black top and the tight sexy black pants and the heels and THE HAIR. I have never seen anything like it. I just kept waiting for the perfect photo moment of the kids so I could get her in the background to show people- but seeing how I don't think the people sitting next to us liked the little man chucking chicken and dumplings on their table, I figured it probably wasn't the best idea not to bust out flash photography. So ya'll will just have to trust me on this... It was so her------------ at 75!!!!!!!! Seriously, there needs to be fashion laws we sign as we hit each age group. Things we agree to no longer wear. There just does.

I love me some Cracker Barrell. Emily tried her first bite of turnip greens and pepper sauce. She also took her last bite of turnip greens and pepper sauce. I think more and more she is just not southern and I really don't know where I went wrong.

No comments: