Monday, May 19, 2008

I had planned on posting about my trip and about being home but after making "dinner" tonight I felt compelled to write instead about an alternative list of food groups. This list does not apply all of the time. I find that it applies best when husbands are out of town.

Cereal- It is not just a breakfast food. It also does not neccessarily include milk. In fact when serving it to a child I find they often it prefer it plain, no milk please. Cut up a banana to healthy it up!

Spaghettios - I mean really is there any better way to bring back childhood memories.

Goldfish- They just are their own food group. I love those little fish that smile back at me.

Breakfast- but only when served for dinner. Maybe it is only my husband but he refuses to consider pancakes or eggs or french toast a dinner option.

Leftovers- that one meal a week you do manage to make can LAST!!! (see chicken below).

Salad- for when the guilt sets in.

Take Out- for those times in between grocery shopping trips. I find trips are a little further apart from each other when you realize that there really is something to be made with cream of "whatever" , hamburger meat (pay no attention to the freezer burn, just consider it extra protein), and tater tots.

Chicken- This might not sound like the perfect the husband is away food. But really you can do a MILLION things with it and a bottle of marinnade. Okay maybe you can do one quick thing with a million different marinades. Pour the marinade on and bake for 30 minutes. Goes well with Uncle Ben's 90 second rice.


Love,

Cara

No comments: