The bags are packed (mostly), the house is clean (mostly), the kids are sleeping (except for the one still up and crying). Apparently when about to lose a tooth- the room must be fully lit so that the tooth can see?!?!
The kids and I are going home for a couple weeks. When in the military you often do not get the chance to be stationed near family. I can not praise HIM enough that we are back near family. The hubby will be gone a lot while we are stationed here so having support from friends and family is EVERYTHING. This deployment has been very different. It hit me harder than any deployment ever has. What I realized and learned though is that God is using it to HIS GLORY. He is using this time to heal a broken relationship. To mend hearts. To remind me and to show me that he hears us and answers us. That he is still a PRESENT GOD, an ACTIVE GOD, and HE IS WORKING IT OUT!
Isaiah 65:23-24, "They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the LORD, they and their descendants with them. Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear." Yes, He hears and answers BEFORE you finish your prayer to Him.
Going home is comfort. It is family and old friends. People who know you good and bad. Sometimes I wish they didn't know so much.
The emotional process of a deployment is strange. When a deployment is a regular rotation you know months ahead of time when it will happen. Suddenly you live your life in moments leading up to "THE DAY". For this deployment the last big "thing" was Christmas. I would not agree to take down any decorations once Christmas was over. I felt like it would make his leaving come sooner or something. We started to lovingly call the Christmas tree our Easter Tree. I finally relented and it all came down (before it actually BECAME the Easter Tree). Once the day comes though and they leave it is almost relief because then you can live your life in moments leading up to their return- their homecoming.
The kids and I going home tomorrow is the last big thing before his homecoming.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hello, I am Sherry a "siesta" I am new to blogging. I was an active duty Air Force wife for many years. We were 15 hours from any family with 1 small child and 1 little dog. I drove it several times a year... like your husband .. mine had several trips a year. Saudi and Iceland for ex. I also planned out our "vacation" home to family.
anyway your post brought back memories and I understand what you are going through. We are in the reserves now... just a weekend and a 2 week summer camp. But my husband is getting his masters in Divinty to become a Military Chaplain. Our hearts are with the men and women that serve. God bless you and yours!
Sherry
Post a Comment