This Saturday we took Miss Thang to Seaworld for her birthday.
We had an absolutely fabulous time. Or in the words of Miss Thang... IT WAS WICKED FUN!
I left my camera at home and have no pictures of our fabulous time... BOOHOO!
The hubby took her on The Polar Express. His version... it was a ride. Her version... IT WAS WICKED FUN! Apparently after "riding" on the polar express, you exit at the North pole and can have your photo taken with Santa. According to DH it was THE SANTA.
While they spent their hour waiting in line and an additional five minutes on the ride, Little Man and I went to the play area. He spent the whole time playing in the sand pit. He LOVED it. Kids are just MEAN though. There was this little girl who was the tiniest little thing, but give her a handful of sand and she was a force to be reckoned with. I am all for talking to children and giving second chances. After about the FOURTH OR FIFTH chance though... take your kid out of the sand pit.
After, that I took Miss Thang on the Atlantis ride. Which I have to admit might be one of my most favorite amusement park ride ever. However, that drop was a bit farther and faster than I remembered from the other times we have been on that ride. About half way down the ride pregnant chick was thinking it *might* not have been the best thing I have ever done. All is good though.
Then we all went to the Shamu show. It was the night-time Christmas miracles show. About an hour before the show began as we were standing in line with the other 2 or 2,000 other people waiting to get it - I started thinking, it is a fish. It swims. It jumps. We awwwww. Do we really need to stand in this line and see it again. I am so glad we did.
The whale swam. The whale jumped. We all awwwwwed.
However the pre-show was what it was all about. The Shamu stadium is HUGE. Holds a few thousand people. Usually the pre-show is fun music, people dancing, a camera that goes around and stops on various people and shows them dancing up on the big screen. This show though they used the big screen to put the words up to Christmas songs. Ya'll - I cried! Seriously as we were all singing Jingle Bells in unison - I was overwhelmed by the spirit of the season.
The couple sitting a few people down from us got engaged during all the singing. So romantic.
At one point during the show a choir came out to sing.
The whole thing was just beautiful.
The funniest moment was during a segment on the big screen where they were showing children answering the question of What is a miracle?
Oh, there were the sweet answers of it is something big, it is something wonderful, it is my baby brother, my baby sister.
But no answer was more appropriate than TARTAR SAUCE. You know that white stuff you dip fish in :)
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment