Saturday, December 13, 2008

Siesta Ornament Exchange

This year at the Siesta Blog we had an ornament exchange. How much fun! My Siesta was Deborah over at Twinkle .

I loved exchanging emails with her and getting the chance to know one another. I think that was the best part of this exchange, yes even more than the shopping :)

We do not receive many packages here so when her package arrived it was a big day in this house. Deborah was so kind and thoughtful in what she sent and I am seriously in AWE of her ability to craft.

She sent a beautiful handmade pillow. A candle that she decorated. The candle also happens to be my most favorite scent! The ornament was perfect and precious... Mary holding baby Jesus. She even sent coloring books for my two kiddos. That was a huge hit since they both love to color.

*ETA* AGH! I can't beleive I forgot to include it in the photo but she also sent a CD of Christmas music that she made. We have listened to it MANY MANY times already...which is probably why I forgot to include it in the photo.

A photo of all the wonderful gifts...



Seriously I LOVE this pillow and found the perfect spot for it in my house on my bakers rack.




The decorated candle that also smells FAB!





The main star of the show.... the Mary and Jesus ornament, that is proudly hanging on our Christmas tree now.





A picture Emily colored from one of the coloring books.





This exchange was so much fun. I loved checking out all the blogs and seeing how everyone got to know one another just a little better.

Thanks Deborah! You are a huge blessing.

Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your stuff! Your ornament is BEAUTIFUL! This was so much fun and such a great way to meet new people.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Jennifer

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Nice to meet you Cara,
Thanks for stopping by my Blog and I am looking forward to get to know you better. Like your music and congrats on the new baby. "Little Bean"
Blessings
Lynn

twinkle said...

Cara,
It was a treat having you as a Siesta to exchange ornaments with! I am tickled that you enjoyed my presents and I will treasure the ones you sent me. Have a Christmas filled with wonderful awe and His Presence. Love you,
Deborah

Debbie said...

Beautiful gifts. This was so much fun. Thanks for your comments on my blog.

Love and Blessings, Debbie in Tennessee

Unknown said...

Well how precious! All the siestas have shared such sweet gifts they have received.