Today was a great day. A really. great. day. Right up until we got home from running from one end of the county to the other end of the county for speech, gymnastics, and errands.
I pulled into the driveway desperately in need of a bathroom and glad the day was ending. As I was packing stuff up to bring into the house, I saw that I had forgotten to return the movies that were due back today. So I run into the house, use the bathroom, go through the pantry and think - I should really bring some crackers with us. I am feeling some serious pregnancy sickness coming on. I decide against the crackers.
That was a STUPID choice.
I head back out of the subdivision and into everyone is trying to get home traffic. Great!
Half way to the video store I realize how stupid of a choice it was to not grab the crackers. On top of that there is only one bag in the van. A paper McDonald's bag. The paper part of the bag doesn't really play a part in this story for about another five minutes though.
I am driving down a busy main road with nowhere to pull over and the pregnancy sickness hits - it is bad. Finally a red light. I am sorry people in the car next to me. Really I am!
Whooo! That is over with. RIIIIGGGHHHT!
Get to the video store and I THEN decide to check the movies and game to make sure they were in fact in their cases. Why I didn't do this at home? No clue. Should have because one movie was not in their case. I send Ms. Thang to the drop box with them anyways and just hope it all works out and I will bring the disk back tomorrow.
Start heading home back into what has now become everyone and their great-uncle is driving on this one road trying to get home.
I start to feel really, really ill. UGH - red light. Really long red light. I am okay though because the van is stopped and I have a bag. We are so close to being home.
Ya'll the bag BROKE. B.R.O.K.E. I cried and a cry while getting sick is just not good. I finally find a little fruit stand to pull over into I open the van door and everyone and their great-uncle got to witness my pregnancy illness in all its glory.
Got home fed the kids, changed clothes, put the kids to bed. Video store called - they want their disk tonight or it's late. So after all that the stinking movie is going to be late anyways.
Now to go clean out the van. JOY!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment