So I took a job several weeks ago. The job was truly an answer to prayers. I needed a job that could be done at home in the evening after the kids go to bed. Something that would allow tons of flexibilty with DH's inconsistent sschedule. Something that gives me the chance to be home with the kids and to homeschool.
When we were still stationed in Texas, I had gotten information for a teleservices company. The employees take calls right in their home. The training is done online and all of the work is done online. It was not something that was right for me at the time. When the need for me to get a job came about, I found the information again and re-applied for the job. Eveything went right through and I started work last week.
About half way through the training process I realized that the job was not exactly what I *THOUGHT* the job would be. I thught I would be taking calls for a specific shopping channel.
Yeah, Not so much.
I moved past my surprise, finished with the training and started work. It truly is the easiest job. The people calling have no way of knowing who I am. I do not know them. I take their order, tell them to have a nice night and move on.
There are some I.N.T.E.R.E.S.T.I.N.G peoples in this world. FOuR REAL!!! What people are willing to buy, blow my mind. The questions people have crack me up! Some parents are just cruel in what they choose to name their children. Some people have NO imagination when it comes to prank calls. I mean, if you are going to take the time to prank call me. Make it GOOD!
A couple days into taking calls though, I received a call for a product I was NOT okay with taking an order for. After fumbling my way through the order, the customer ultimately hung up.
Fine with me.
Then I received another call for the same product. This time I hung up on the customer.
I received a few more calls and after fumbling my way through, I ultimately had to hang up on the customers.
Today, I was talking to the hubby and said, I know the job is something we need right now for some extra income. I just need to come up with a way to handle the calls. I will not process those orders, I will not sell the item. I just need to figure out a way to handle the calls. The calls only make up a very very small percentage of all my calls.
So tonight I logged in and started taking calls. Before taking the first call, I bowed my head and said, Lord please let those calls not come to me. If they do, please give me the words to say.
The phone rang.
I heard a ladies voice. She said, "I need urgent prayer". Not sure I heard her right, I repeated my information and asked her for her zip code. She said, that she was calling because the guy on TV said to call this # for prayer. I looked at the number on my screen it said she called, and it was not the number she had tried to call.
It was definately a wrong number.
I know I should have immediately been all cool about it and just prayed. I was really unsure what to do though. I thougt, Okay God this isn't what I had in mind but it is obviously what YOU had in mind. So, I let her know that I had to tell her the call may be recorded. I asked her for her first name.
Then I asked what might be the DUMBEST question I have ever asked. E.V.E.R. and yes, I have asked some pretty stupid questions in my time.
Her name was Patty. I said," Patty, You do want me to pray to God, right?"
I guess I was just thinking I want to make sure that on top of everything else she isn't expecting me to say a prayer to Buddah or Allah or something.
She said, oh yes, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and I am just in need of some urgent prayer.
I prayed for her need.
I have never been comfortable praying out loud in front of others. This was BEYOND BEYOND BEYOND out of my comfort zone.
Lord, thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you that you are truly in EVERY detail of our lives. Lord thank you for letting those calls pass by me. Thank you for providing a job for me that fit the needs of my family. Lord, I lift that caller up to you tonight. Her and her husband. Lord, you know the details of their needs. Lord, touch their hearts. Lord, thank you for blessing me tonight through praying for one of your children. Amen.
Love, Cara
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
That's an awesome story Cara! Thanks for sharing. HE hears you...always...
Post a Comment