Last September I received a flyer in the mail from Lifeway. It listed the upcoming events with Beth Moore. I could not believe she was going to be in Tampa this April. The hubby told me I should get tickets and go.
Money is tight though and it seemed as each new payday rolled by the money was all accounted for, leaving no extra for tickets. The hubby said he would get them for Christmas. Apparently he didn't understand about them being mailed or something and didn't order them.
Truly, I could have ordered them myself at any time and put it on the credit card. I didn't though. We have worked so hard the past 18 months NOT doing that. Emergencies have happened(some more emergency-ish than others) and we have had to use them but paid it back the next payday.
Then we filed our taxes. Finally, there was a little money not designated for anything else. I had the go ahead to order the tickets.
SOLD OUT!
I KNOW there are bigger things in life to be upset about but it would be a lie to say I didn't cry from disappointment.
As a mom of three and a military wife whose husband is not always home or on a set schedule it does not happen often that I do something just for me. This was going to be that thing. In a way it also symbolized to me how far I have come from 18 months ago.
I am probably more disappointed than I should be. I may or may not be praying that something only God could work out happens and I get to go. NOT to see Beth Moore but to learn something I am meant to learn. To worship Christ in a unique enviroment.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment