I can not believe it has already been one month since we welcomed Abby Girl into this world.
She is so stinking sweet. She seems pretty low key and laid back. I have told several people that she is my reward for surviving the baby days of Emily and Thomas. They were everything opposite of low key and laid back.
Nursing has been going fabulously!!! I am so excited about this. It was part of many prayers over the past months. I really struggled with Emily and finally gave up. With Thomas, the boy had stomach issues! I physically could not keep up with nursing him... we could barely keep up once we switched to formula.
We are still working on the sleep thing. She sleeps great when being snuggled or laying on our bed. Last weekend we finally went and bought a swing and it has become a lifesaver. She is able to snuggle up in it and sleep! HALLELUJAH!!!!
She is long and petite. The pediatrician was worried because she was slow to gain weight but the girl has grown nearly 2 inches! In the last week she caught up on her slow weight gain. She went from 6lbs 6ounces to 7lbs 3 ounces in just under a week and she hasn't slowed down eating yet! I think she will be just fine :)
Abby has finally started smiling at us. She makes the funniest faces. Her ears stick out. She has this turtle neck thing going on that cracks us up. Thomas LOVES to talk to her. He loves to hold her but only at certain times of day. You know like nap time, bed time, lunch time, dinner time, when she is eating, when she is sleeping, or when he should be in time out. Also the other day I turned around to get a pot for making tea and when I turned back around he was pushing her in her swing and he had her ready to take flight.... OOPS! Poor baby!
Emily thinks she is cute and loves on her but has her own little world going on to really pay much attention. That is okay.
It amazes me how much they grow and change day to day over the next months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Praise God for the swing!
I am so sorry about the sunlight & hives issue we two have in common. It is such a pain! Wish I could offer you some help on it but I've just learned to stay in the shade or inside. My brother started having problems just like mine in his late 40s. Mine started when I was 5 years old!
Florida and Georgia are not the best place for us. We should live in Ireland...
Post a Comment