Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Abigail Isabella Grace

I really meant to post this days ago. However, the past 11 days have just gone by so FAST!


Abby was born June 5th at 3:33 in the afternoon.


She weighed 7lbs 1 ounce and was 20 inches long. She is such a little peanut.


She is beautiful and amazing. Her brother and sister are doing wonderful with her. Thomas still asks several times a day, "When Abby be born?" .... we just keep letting him know, she's already here buddy ! LOL!


You really forget what the first few weeks are like with a newborn in the house...until the moment you have a newborn in the house again and then you remember, Oh yes, sleep deprivation and a milk dispenser are what life is about right now. It will pass though.


By the third child I really thought I would have figured out more... but I haven't. She is her own little person - nothing like Emily and Thomas. She is sleeping more than I ever remember them sleeping (except all her sleeping seems to be occurring during daytime hours), she is nursing beautifully (even if it is every hour).


The recovery from the c-section has been completely different than after my first two. I can say with total certainty that I would choose 18 hours of labor over a c-section. That said, I would make the same decision because at the end of the day the outcome was a beautiful and healthy baby girl.


3 comments:

twinkle said...

Sweetness all wrapped up in lovely pinkness!
She is gorgeous and I know she must be so blessed to be the newest member of your sweet family!
Welcome, Abigail Isabella Grace! You are loved...

Holly said...

Congratulations!! Your Abby is beautiful. Savor each sleepless moment...the time can be so precious.

Rina said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!