Tuesday, May 26, 2009

38 weeks down only 14 days to go

Sometime in the next two weeks I will get to meet this sweet baby girl!

It seems like that is so soon and at the same time this has seemed like the longest pregnancy ever. It probably doesn't help that I found out I was pregnant before I even knew there was a chance I was pregnant.

This week will be busy though and I need her to stay put this week. We were able to get the keys to the new house this past Friday so we spent this Memorial Day weekend moving over boxes of things we don't need and unpacking what we could.

Note to self... next time we move don't pack ALL the toys without remembering to save some.

This week we will continue to take over things, clean out the oven, fridge. Friday we are taking over clothes and food. Saturday the guys from the hubby's work are coming over to help him move the heavy boxes, the abyss we call the garage, and all the furniture. My job will be to do nothing except point to where I want stuff!

I am incredibly excited to move into a new house.

The house is an enormous blessing!!!!! God was so gracious and provided us with more than we could have ever hoped for.

Sunday we will come back to this house and clean up and get anything left behind. Turn in our keys and start fresh.

THEN... I will walk, walk, walk, and anything else that might encourage the Little Miss to make an appearance. At my appointment this past week they did another ultrasound and she is head down finally. Praise God.

You would think when in the matters of pregnancy and life I would not feel the need to have so much control but I DO! On my way to my appointment this week though I finally did what the hubby had been telling me to do. PRAY! I have hopes on how I would like this pregnancy and labor to go but at the end of the day I trust God will work things out just as he intends to. Then I cranked up the radio and praised him with music the whole way to my Dr's office. I nearly cried when I saw immediately she had turned head down.

Tomorrow the fellow mommies from our homeschooling co-op are throwing me a baby shower. It was something I was absolutely NOT expecting and feel unbelievably blessed by these ladies. They are each such an encouragement to me and to one another. Not too mention, I really miss chatting with them on Fridays! As a stay at home mom, adult conversation doesn't happen often and well, I miss adult conversation Fridays!

Cara

2 comments:

twinkle said...

I am keeping you in my prayers! So much excitement to look forward to, my siesta friend.
May her delivery be as smooth as silk and as blessed as a rainbow after a storm...
Love you!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today..will be praying for you.

I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.