Saturday, April 25, 2009

Eviction notice.

I went to my doctor appointment on Thursday morning. It was short and on time! Always good and unexpected at the Ob office.

I asked him about considering inducing me if baby girl hasn't made her appearance by her due date. He said SURE! Asked if June 1st worked.

I am not looking to force her out early. Not looking for convienence just an end date.

So I stuck with her due date of June 8th.

If baby girl doesn't come out all on her own time then she has been given an eviction notice!!!

Completely unrelated update...

Our landlord called tonight and said he has someone ready to sign a lease and put a deposit down if they can for sure be in the house by June 6th.

That will NOT be a problem. He is suppose to call tomorrow to finalize the details!!! WOOHOO. PRAISE GOD! It will make for a busy few weeks in May but so worth it to be moved and settled before Baby Girl arrives.

Unrelated topic three....

Emily completed her first year of Classical Conversations last weekend. My parents came into town and were able to see her end of the year party/performance.

I am so proud of how well she did this year. I am absolutely looking forward to next year. The Classical Conversations program has been such a blessing in helping us to home school.

While at her party the funniest thing happened! They were presenting the kids with their certificates. Showing the parents and grandparents all that they had learned this year. Then we said grace before eating.

It was then my turn to stop the director for a moment and present her with our gift to her and to say a few nice words. You know, words like we appreciate you. We appreciate your time and the prayers you pour into making this program successful for all the kids and families.

Oh if only my pregnant and hormonal self had gotten up there and said all those wonderful and kind things.

But I didn't.

Instead the moment I looked out into the audience I remembered how much I fear speaking in front of large groups. My hormones kicked in and I started to cry.

What I blurted out instead was...

Thank you for all you did this year. We wanted to bless you and your family. And.... You Rock.

I was mortified! Seriously, I said YOU ROCK!

By the time the party was over and I was leaving I was pretty much over beating myself up over saying such a ridiculous thing. Well, until someone pointed out that their husband could not believe I actually said... YOU ROCK! I was also informed that it was okay because we all have phrases/words that slip out from before we were saved.

WHAT???? Yes they really said that to me.

In all my maturity and not knowing what else to say. I kindly said, "Well, personally I kinda think God just rocks sometimes!"

And he does. Rock!

No comments: