Saturday, November 15, 2008

What a wonderful Saturday!

The hubby got up with the kids and let me sleep in. In between Ms. Thang coming in and out of my room asking when I was going to get up, I slept great!

Today, was mother daughter day with me and Ms. Thang. It started out being that I was going to take her to the movies but then it became an entire afternoon.

First we headed to Lifeway store since they were having a sale! I picked up the book The Shack . I have been wanting to read it for a while. I had to chuckle though, because the lady who rang me up kept asking and making sure I understood that the book was FICTION and not factual theology. I assured her I understood that. When I got home I realized there was a notice she had stuck in the book. It was a discernment guide.

I also picked up the Vicki Courtney book, 5 Conversations you must have with your daughter.

Picked up the Travis Cottrell Ring the Bells, Christmas CD. OH MY WORD! It is as fabulous as everyone has said. We listened to it all afternoon in between stops.

My favorite thing I shopped for today was an ornament for my Siesta Buddy. I can't wait to add some goodies to it and send it to her.

After shopping in Lifeway we headed to the mall so Ms. Thang could get her hair cut. She had something very specific in mind and she took her Polly Pocket doll so the lady could get it "just right". The hair turned out super cute and she LOVED it.

Dinner was good cheap Mexican food. I had the chicken enchilada's with sour cream sauce. With a side of Mexican rice, spicy black beans and half a fly. Needless to say I got a second plate brought out. Ms. Thang does not share my love of Mexican food. She really stepped out of her comfort zone though and had a cheese quesadilla, Mexican rice, and refried beans. No fly.

Our afternoon ended at Target, where we grabbed a drink from Starbucks and a pillow for Little Man. He is moving out of his crib tomorrow and into his big boy toddler bed. I am excited and sad all at the same time about how much he is growing up.

We came home and picked up the guys and headed to the drive-in. They were showing Madagascar 2. Great movie. Too funny. It was for sure.... Crack-a-lackin'.

Tomorrow, we are cleaning up the house and getting it ready for the holidays. Doesn't sound nearly as fun as today was.

Love, Cara

No comments: