This past weekend I went to Lifeway with money to spend. My mom was kind enough to give me some shopping money for my birthday present.
Normally, I would have spent it much sooner but in all my matureness (is that a word?) I was waiting to see what the hubby and the kids were getting me.
So after receiving my gift from them, I went shopping in search of a new bible. Not really one to replace my old bible because I am still using it but I wanted something different.
Specifically, I wanted my same exact current bible but not in hard back. You know, "DIFFERENT".
Ummmm there are A LOT of different bibles. Even different ones of my same Bible. I was overwhelmed.
I had to walk away from the shelves and shelves of boxes of Bibles. I decided to think about it and head to the back and check out the clearance shelves in an effort to calm my mind and think through all my options. Options that cost more than the money I had available to me.
While looking through the clearance shelf, there it was! My same but different bible in the price range that my birthday money paid for.
You are probably asking the same question I did.... why is this on the clearance shelf? Missing pages? A page upside down?
No. And No.
Let me tell you. It was there because of Felix. I do not know Felix but apparently after having his named printed on the Bible he no longer needed it.
So thanks Felix. Also, thanks Mom for still sending Birthday Money!
Love, Cara
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I just wanted to tell you that I read your comment on the Siesta blog and I felt the same way after I read the "Power of a praying wife" book! I would never have thought to pray some of the things, or even pray from scripture and that was such a powerful thing to learn. God bless you! :)
Post a Comment